Ryanair’s Dublin Kerry announcement ‘premature and inaccurate’ – reports
about 4 years in The Irish Times
Kerry Airport chief executive John Mulhern says Ryanair’s announcement that it would operate a Dublin service from there as “premature and inaccurate”, according to reports on Thursday.
Ryanair said this week that it would begin flying the Dublin-Kerry route vacated by Stobart Air from July 28th after agreeing a deal with Minister for Transport Eamon Ryan.
However, broadcaster RTÉ said on Thursday that Mr Mulhern dubbed the announcement “premature and inaccurate” as there had been no formal discussion between the airport and Ryanair.
Confusion
His statement added to confusion over the route’s future. The Department of Transport announced last week that Ryanair would operate the service without any State subsidy from July 19th.
The airline responded that the department’s announcement was premature and inaccurate. Ryanair then said this week that it would begin flying the route both ways once daily from July 28th, moving to twice daily on September 1st.