Home Office to hold on evicting asylum seekers from state accommodation

over 5 years in The guardian

British Red Cross says three-month hiatus means 50,000 spared threat of homelessness

Coronavirus – latest updates
See all our coronavirus coverage
The Home Office will stop evicting asylum seekers from government accommodation for the next three months while the UK remains in coronavirus lockdown, the British Red Cross has said.
Home Office minister Chris Philp wrote to the charity on Friday to confirm that people would not be asked to leave their asylum accommodation once their claim or appeal had been decided. Continue reading...

Mentioned in this news
Share it on